Ian has over 25 years’ experience of executive search and has been an owner/manager since 1994.
Ian´s first career, post graduation from Manchester University, was spent in progressive sales and marketing roles with P & G . He then joined a leading and innovative search consultancy where he learnt the value of assessment tools and became accredited to use them by the British Psychological Society.
For Ian, success means simply: ‘recruiting candidates who exceed expectations and therefore add more value’. He has found many functional leaders who have progressed to general management, and his longest serving managing director appointee recently completed ten years in post having led a business transformation.
Ian and his wife Linda try to spend most of their spare time with their sons and respective families particularly if they can persuade them all to go skiing in France, cycling anywhere, or golfing where it is warm.
Ian´s recent assignments include:
- Recruited the COO for a mid-cap global manufacturing technology business.
- Advised the Board and recruited the Chairman for an innovative food processing business.
- Recruited the CEO to succeed the founder and majority shareholder of a UK based manufacturing business exporting over 75% of its product to the BRICS economies
- Advised the Board of a financial services firm and recruited commercial, operations and finance directors as it faced the challenges of the retail distribution Review.
- Worked with the Chairman of a small-cap group on the succession planning for the retiring CEO.
- Recruited the CEO for a VC invested engineered products business in preparation for exit transaction.
- Recruited the Director General of a highly respected trade association.
‘Ian was introduced to our Board as a result of work he had undertaken, sponsored by a venture capital business.
We have now worked with Ian for eight years. During this time he has helped us to strengthen our top team with director-level appointments in sales, operations, finance, and investment management.
Without prompting, he has maintained a close working relationship with our business, even when not actively recruiting for us.´
Group Commercial Director, F.S. Intermediary firm