Please find Tim’s detailed CV below, he has worked in over 33 Countries from Lahore to Riga, providing a solid ROI in his skills to optimise a Business Unit or in Turn around.
For further information do not hesitate to contact me ;
Head of Research Analysis.
Consulting Work/Interim Roles
2006-2012 ALANDICK INTERNATIONAL
Engineering, Programme Management and Product Supply.
2010-12 Managing Director – Egypt, Middle East, Bangladesh & Pakistan
Promoted to additionally manage the $15m Egyptian business with 400 employed.
- Led the transition from ‘Family run’ to a modern corporate structure.
- Reduced long-standing working capital by $1m tied up within Ericsson account.
- Increased market-share of profitable Palm Tree Camouflage structures in electronic bidding process, through extensive competitor analysis, whilst maintaining prices.
- Drove new product introduction and set up and led a new quick-site prefabricated foundation technology transfer from California.
- Provided direction and focus to the management team who were in disarray post-revolution.
- Maintained $1.75m EBITDA through cost control, despite post-revolution market constraints, as revenues in services reduced by 10% in the first year.
Given additional responsibility for the $19m Middle East business, prior to a proposed sale.
- Reduced costs by 20% immediately in view of a 30% reduction in forecast revenue, minimising the effect on EBITDA and maintaining staff morale.
2009-10 Managing Director – Thailand, Bangladesh & Pakistan
Invited to determine whether the Thai entity could have a successful future.
- Drove completion of a long-overdue and loss-making broadcasting project in Vietnam, recovering 100% of milestone payments from the customer.
- Carried out a full Thai market assessment and closed the business efficiently.
2008-09 Managing Director – Bangladesh & Pakistan
Promoted to additionally improve profitability in Bangladesh – T/o $1.9m, 100 employed.
- Reduced internal waste and fraud through process improvement and internal auditing.
- Tripled turnover through four-fold increase in sites under contract and doubled staff.
- Improved gross margins from 15% to 50%, turning breakeven to $1.2m net profit.
- Speedily ran down business, following corporate strategy change, achieving full cash collection from debtors and maintaining profitability throughout.
2006-08 Managing Director – Pakistan
Recruited to professionalise this lossmaking business with 150 employed.
- Found a business which had lost its only active customer with $7m owing from 3 customers.
- Reduced overheads immediately by 75% ensuring on-going viability and cash flow.
- Collected $2m from long-standing debtors enabling continuation.
- Negotiated recovery of $5.5m, from a Chinese debtor and enforced payment through a protracted court case, enabling new business development.
- Led sales effort and achieved two major new customers within first nine months.
- Awarded ISO9001 through Lloyds of London enabling demonstrable quality leadership.
- Tightened policies and internal auditing reducing inherent issues of corruption.
- Developed an enthusiastic team building t/o to $18m and turning loss to $1m profit.
1995-2002 MARCONI COMMUNICATIONS – Telephone Systems Equipment Suppliers.
2001-02 Sales Director – Eastern & Western Europe
Promoted to support distributors in Portugal, Spain, France, Poland, Baltic States & Russia.
- Enforced new forecast and review procedures increasing accuracy from 40% to 80%.
- Established efficient Account Planning, Call Planning and Call Reporting procedures.
- Consolidated offices and legal entities, saving over £200k on rents.
1999-01 Country Director – India
Promoted to work with a small distributor to plan direct entry into India.
- Established that local assembly would avoid duties and provide viability.
- Recruited an Indian team, providing local presence and influence in the market.
- Increased the company profile amongst political and business leaders in target markets.
- Originated multiple bid submissions increasing bid wins by 50% and building t/o from £2m to £15m in the fixed line market.
- Marketed through seminars/surgeries across India – leading to a £10m additional revenue stream with high margins and leadership in the newly de-regulated cellular markets.
1997-99 Regional Sales Manager – Western Europe
Promoted to prepare and manage a market entry strategy for Marconi multiplexors.
- Assessed markets in France, Spain and Portugal, obtaining approval of entry plans.
- Set up offices with 25 staff and led initial meetings with national telecom operators.
1995-97 Regional Sales Manager – Netherlands, Greece & S. Africa
Invited by a former boss to bring FMCG sales skills to GPT, a GEC/Siemens JV.
- Received excellent training in telecoms, pricing and bidding strategies.
- Saved a £6m order from a key Dutch customer, threatened by product development delays.
- Met high sales and performance targets in this high-technology telecoms market.
1988-1995 DREAMLAND APPLIANCES – Small Electrical Appliance Manufacturers.
1992-95 Key National Account Manager
Promoted to manage the largest key accounts, such as Argos, Currys and John Lewis.
- Obtained valuable experience and significant success in account management.
1989-92 National Account Manager
Rapidly promoted to Oldham Head Office to manage national accounts.
- Continued to improve skills and achieve an impressive track record in B2B sales.
1988-89 Regional Account Manager
Recruited to manage Regional Retailer accounts.
- Learnt strategic selling and negotiation skills.
1985-1988 SACCONE & SPEED – Imperial Group Alcoholic Beverage Distributors.
1986-88 Regional Manager – Off Trade
Rapidly promoted to SE then Central London, selling 25% of the entire UK turnover.
1985-86 Representative – On Trade
Selected for sales skills as the youngest representative and given in depth FMCG training.
1983-1985 LLOYDS BANK
Obtained a valuable financial grounding in Trust and Investment Banking Department.
MEMBERSHIPS Chartered Manager & Fellow of Chartered Management Institute.
Member – Institute of Leadership & Management.
Fellow – Institute of Management Specialists.
COURSES Finance for Non-Financial Managers – GEC Dunchurch Mgt College.
Commercial Toolkit – GEC Dunchurch Mgt College.
TAS Target Account Selling – Miller Heiman.
LANGUAGES Conversational Spanish.
PERSONAL British. Married – 2 children. Location internationally flexible.
TIM WOOD, Mobile: 07585 963289, Home: 01223 711688, E-mail: email@example.com